Thursday, August 14, 2008

Karissa's first day at school and other happenings in our house!

Karissa started 5th grade yesterday and she was so nervous. I know she will have a great year because she has a great teacher who is a friend of mine from church- it's nice to have connections-thanks Emily! I'm a little sad because summer is over and in one year she will be in middle school which terrifies me. I want her to keep her innocence! Karissa isn't much of a talker so I at least got out of her that she ate lunch with Zebbie and sat on the swings and talked to Jen, Mia and Pam at recess. I hope this year Karissa's attitude will change and she will start to love school. I loved school, I loved the social part and hanging with my friends so I hope that for her too. I will post pictures later!



On Sept 8th our baby will start preschool and I'm going to be a wreck because for 4 years it's just been me and Katie- I was able to quit my job afte having her. I know she will love school and I know she needs to go, but it's so hard. Katie helped me walk Karissa to her classroom and she had her backpack on too and when we left she goes, "when do I go to school". I already have a feeling that things will be different compaired to Karissa. My girls are the opposite which is how my sister and I were so they will survive!! Chanda hated school too! I remember mom having a time with Chanda.


On a praise note Jason passed his last part of the CDL so now he can drive the big rigs for UPS. I'm scared and I'm not ready for this change of jobs. He just got his own route after 8 years and I wanted to just relax in knowing that. He's so excited and his whole outlook has changed so I know I have to accept this but the trucks are so big! I like the package cars! So now he waits to sign a bid which the last time he had to wait 8 years so who knows what is in store for us.

1 comment:

Cara said...

Congratulations Jason! I'm glad Karissa had a good first day, Madelyn did too!