Friday, June 5, 2009

Kendall Christina is here!

On Tuesday night we checked into the hospital and they started me out on some medicine. I kept cramping and I only got 2 hours of sleep. By 6:00 they started to induce me and by 7:15 Dr Looff broke my water and said that I was only 1-2 centimenters dialated and that this may not work- we may have to talk about a c-section. At 8:30 I was in alot of pain so I was given Staidol (not sure how to spell it) and the nurse then goes well your contractions are all over the place but I'll get you the epidural and Dr. Looff may get made at me. By 9:00 I had the epidural and she checked me at 9:30 and I was fully dialated. They had to call in his partner because he was at St Joe's doing a c-section and won't be back until 10:30. Dr. Youkillis delivered her at 10:07 and Dr. Looff missed it by 5 mins.

The next day Dr. Looff told me he didn't even tell his partner about me because he didn't expect me to have her so fast and that he told his wife that even though he wasn't on call that night that he was going to perform a c-section so he may be late for his daughters' (who are triplets) graduation party. He told me he didn't know we would do it on Herko time!!

Kendall Christina is so beautiful (of course I'm bias!) She has a ton of blond hair! My nurse told me that they all voted and she got the beautiful baby award! The girls are already fighting over her. Her middle name is actually Jason's grandmother's name. She died on July 28th on Mary's birthday and she was Jason's closest grandmother. She is really missed. She was a great lady and a very Godly lady.

No comments: