Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My honor roll student and D.A.R.E graduate


























I am so proud of Karissa. She works so hard and the grades don't come easy for her, but she made the A/B honor roll for the second time.
She received 4 awards yesterday and I was shocked. Then today her school had a very nice D.A.R.E graduation for the 5th graders. Maybe it was the hormones but I started to tear up. I kept thinking about her graduating from 5th grade on June 2nd. My baby is not going to be in elementary school after that. When the principal called them the class of 2016 I thought I was going to lose it. It's so sad to think that in 7 years she'll be in college. Time goes by so fast.

She did make a comment that she would never smoke and if she felt like she wanted too she would just lick the road!! I'm going to hold her to that!!

2 comments:

Cara said...

Great job Karissa! I'm proud of you!

Sara Crum said...

Yeah Karissa! Keep up the great work. Tracey, she looks so grown up in the picture with the glasses.