Friday, April 3, 2009

Karissa

Karissa had another Ortho appointment on Wed and she didn't throw a fit. Of course all they did was take more pictures of her mouth and talk to me about what they are going to do about the lack of teeth she has. We had some good news-she won't need an expander, the braces should fix everything. When she is in her mid-teens she will then get inplants.

The whole visit went well and Dr. Tipton is so good. He was explaining how he was measuring her width of her mouth and showing her the tool he was using which looks like a compass with 2 pointed ends so she was a little nervous about it. I guess she thought he was going to poke her with it in the mouth. He saw that she was getting scared so he got close to her and told her what he was going to do and well he accidently poked her in the shoulder with it and she said Ouch! We started laughing and he told her that she could poke him in the arm now that he hurt her, of course she declined!!

We have to go back in Sept. he wants her to lose some more baby teeth before she gets her full set of braces. The older she gets the better- at least for me anyway.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Hey, are you going to Bluegrass Orthodontics? I see Dr. Ferguson at their Alumni Dr. office, but I've seen Dr. Tipton once or twice. I really like them.

May I recommend Damon braces when the time comes? I've been very impressed with the performance.

Just one more month and I get mine off!