Friday, March 27, 2009

Katie's broken elbow

Last night after jazzercise Katie and Karissa talked me into letting them play outside and I said yes because Karissa got all of her homework done early and she got 2 A's on a science test and social studies test. Well half an hour later Katie came screaming to the door saying she twisted her ankle while she was holding her elbow. I held her and then she stopped crying and was watching T.V. and went to sleep so I didn't think anything about it. Then after I got supper on the table she said she didn't want to eat which is no big shocker because she has become so picky this past month that she hates just about anything I make. So I put her in the tub and when I got her pj's on she screamed. I called my neighbor and she came over and we didn't see anything different. So I called Dennis and Mary and just decided that it was 8:00 I would just go to the ER. Mary met me there and they took us in right away. I wasn't even done filling out the little piece of paper yet!! We got home at 10:30.

This morning she didn't go to school and Jason helped me get her dressed and we went to the Dr at 11:30 where they put a hot pink cast on. It only has to stay on for 3 weeks!!! So this will not mess up her ballet recital or her school program!! I just need to make sure her Easter dress will fit with her cast on.

She was so good at the Dr even though she had to get more x-rays and Mary had to go in because I'm pregnant and she came out with tears in her eyes. It is so hard to see her in pain and I kept cringing when I would hear her out in the waiting room so I know why Mary had a hard time. Thank you Mary and Dennis again. Jason's job makes it inpossible for him to be there.
I took her to Walmart and let her pick out a toy and she got a Make me feel better doll. Right now her and Karissa are laying on the couch and watching T.V.

After the Dr's we went to Chic-fil-a and she wanted to play so finally I told her that she could just walk around. Well she yelled out after a while and she wanted to climb. I told her no because we just got the cast on 15 mins ago, so the next thing I know she's climbing. I guess life goes on. She is my dare devil and it will be hard to keep her down.


1 comment:

Cara said...

Bless her heart! She does look cute in her pink cast though. : ) Thankfully she doesn't have to keep it on long!