Saturday, March 14, 2009

Karissa's last basketball game

Karissa had her last basketball game today at 12:30. Jillian got to cheer for her again which was great. During the third quarter Karissa got the ball and took it all the way down the court and scored. I was so excited, this was her first basket she has ever made so far, except for the freethrow which was pretty awesome too. Dennis got it on video which is great considering I didn't have my camera today, shocking I know. I had tears in my eyes and Brooke, Wayne, me, Jason, Dennis and Mary went wild. You should have seen her smile. It was so big and she didn't stop smiling. The coaches were praising her and after she got in the car she called Aunt Kika (Krista) to tell her. Krista played basketball in high school and college so Karissa likes to let her know how she did. The team also won their first game of the season!! They all were on fire today.
She had a great season and got to meet alot of neat girls. Her coaches were the best and Katie has informed us that she is playing basketball next year.

Tomorrow night we have the awards ceremony.

No comments: