Monday, March 2, 2009

Herko happenings

This morning I was asked by Katie why we don't have a chicken that goes cock-a-doodle doo. I have no answer except we don't live on a farm so we will never have one. She was upset and when we walked out of the bathroom and she our room left Jason goes what was that conversation about and started laughing. I told him, "you know you could have helped me."

Karissa made the announcement after church that she wants to go to church camp and I was surprised.

Jason's job is not the greatest right now- he's techincally laid off so that means he's back in the building for 2 shifts. He's exhausted because he is doing work he did back when he was 19 and then again at the age of 24. I was making fun of him telling him he's old now and can't do the work. It also means a HUGE pay cut which I think is awful because he is working so hard for pennies. We're hoping that he goes back to driving in May. He gets home at 10:30 at night and Karissa says her hellos and goodbyes right before she goes to school. Katie gets to hang out with him on the days she's not at school.

I'm doing Ok, I get irritated and lose my patience alot faster now that I'm pregnant. I feel overwhelmed all the time which is funny considering Jason's job has never let him be home to help out. So I take the girls to piano, ballet and basketball and then help Karissa with all her school work by myself. I know once my hormones quit I will be fine. I told him the other day that we could possible have this baby in 12 weeks considering my track record. We still can't decide on a name and I think he is waiting til the last min. to decide what he likes. He won't even make suggestions.
I guess soon we will have to set up the baby's room but it's going to hard considering we have to keep the futon in the room for when my family comes to visit.

1 comment:

Jason and Becky said...

We'll be praying for Jason (and his older body)! I'm sorry to hear about that.