Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Karissa's play and other worries

Last night Karissa was in a pirate play. She was in the choir and she did a great job. She had one cute number where she had to do a dance with some of the other kids in a class.

After that I told Jason that I wanted to go see the new school and compared to the the 5 min drive -this school took us 15 mins to get to without traffic. It seemed so far out. I liked when all the schools were on the same road.
When we finally saw it, it was huge. I'm not ready for her to leave elementary school. I wish I could turn back time bacause it went by so fast. I know as mothers we all talk about the difficult times of our little children of the sleepless nights and tantrums but I have to say this is going to be the most difficult time- the middle school and teenage years. I want to go back to the baby days where I can keep her safe and innocent. I'm going to be a mess at the start of the school year because I'm sending Katie to kindergarden and then Karissa off to middle school. There are things that Karissa is not ready to learn about but I have to beat the system and the other kids' talks in order for her to know what is the truth.

So for those of you with babies hug them tight because it goes by so fast.

No comments: