Monday, March 9, 2009

Last night we registered Karissa for church camp. She really wants to go. I'm very nervous for her because she hasn't been away from us since she was 4. She use to go to VA every summer for a week and we started this at the age of 2. She would go because Jason's parents (who use to watch her) left every summer for Jamaica so I needed babysitters. Plus last summer we talked about sending her and she didn't want to go. I'm glad she gets to go with Jillan because having a friend makes it better!

On Another good note was that we noticed that Karissa is doing nightly devotions on her own. Now if I told her that she needed to do them then she would fight me. She is like her father in that way- it has to be their idea or they will fight you doing it. I'm very proud of her and we have talked to her about it yesterday after our parenting class. I know my kids know God loves them and they love him but I want them to continue this process when they are adults and Jason and I were talking about it because we noticed and had not told the other that she is doing her devotions. She is growing up and I see the childish ways fading. Her Spiritual birthday is coming up on March 22 and I can't believe it's been a year but I think I'm going to get her another devotional book.

I just got Karissa out the door for school and Katie just now noticed a picture of Jason and I on our wedding day (it's been there for almost 3 years now!) She goes "I see a picture of you and daddy at your wedding kissing and you got married for us."
I love their little minds and their sayings!!

No comments: