Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Kathryn's adventure

Last week Katie had a sub on the bus. I was waiting outside and saw the bus turn around in our court and then flew past me. I started to panic because they forgot to drop off Katie. My neighbor saw me so I yelled to see if she got off the bus at her house and of course no so Kristy gave me the bus garage number and I called. The nice lady then radioed them and told me that they would turn around and bring her back. Sure enough the bus came back around and gave me my baby girl back. The guy said he was sorry, but when he called out Kathryn no one answered and down the street they went. I looked at her and told her, "your name is Kathryn and sometimes people will call you that, you just tell them you go by Katie." Plus I know she knows her name is Kathryn it just doesn't trigger her to go OH they're talking to me. I also said to her didn't you see your house go by and she responded, I wasn't ready to get off the bus yet.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

How cute! When I was a kid, I never wanted to get on the bus, let alone stay on it longer than required!

Emily said...

So funny!

Debbie said...

Tracey, I enjoy always reading your comments to others blogs, you are so helpful and generous with your words. I loved this about Katie...one funny story about an elementary "bus" experience. While boarding for home one afternoon (25+ yrs ago!), the principal (or some adult) came onto the bus and called out "will the Christian children please get off the bus" (again, some words like this!) Well, my son, Jason got up to leave the bus. I believe he told Becky (younger) to come on and the principal said "you're last name isn't Christian" and to sit back down. Jason took her literally...I was happy! Glad your girl was brought STRAIGHT back home. I check children as they get on a bus each afternoon...this makes me realize how important that job is! Blessings.