Friday, January 23, 2009

Not getting the mother of the year award

I already know this, but I didn't listen so please learn from my mistakes. Last night Karissa came home after dinner with maw-maw and paw-paw, they were celebrating her good grades, and she got out of the tub and I was cleaning her ears with a q-tip. You should never clean your kids ears with q-tips and I know this, but I've been careful for 10 years now until last night. We needed up in the ER because I went in too far and her ear started to bleed. I was shaking so bad because I thought I hit her eardrum. I called Dennis and Mary and they came and sat with us and then when Jason got off work at 10:00 he came too. The great news is that I just hit her ear canal which was bad enough and she is fine now, I will never clean her ears again.

This was so scary to go through. My kids are pretty healthy so we never have any health scares so this put me over the top. I'm so greatful for Jason's parents for coming and sitting with me, they would do anything for Jason and I and the girls. I have the best in-laws. We left the ER at 11:00 so the next day I took her to school so she wouldn't have to get up so early to catch the bus, it's the least I could do after everything else I did that night.

She has informed me that she told her friends so I told her "I know- I'm sorry, mommy will not be getting Mother of the year award this year," and she laughed so everything is good again.
I do know one thing that is for sure- she will never let me near her ears!!

No comments: