Saturday, January 31, 2009

Stranded in the snow























We've had a snow day that has lasted all week. I know Karissa hasn't been out of school for a week before and I was trying to think back if I've ever missed a week of school. I know when I lived in VA the answer is NO, but I'm not sure about when I lived in CO. My guess would have to be yes to CO because I remember the snow being so high- my mom has pictures of it being up over our chain link fence.

The girls have been playing together nicely now don't get me wrong we've had several fights and yelling matches break out, but what can you except from not moving from the house until Thursday. We went to the movies on Thursday just to give Jason a break from all of us. He's been on vacation all week and it's been a great one because I've not had to worry about him driving. He made several comments that he's glad he's not delivering this year. A friend of mine saw a UPS truck in a snow covered ditch waiting for a tow truck on Wed. Again Im thankful, but he's been painting all week and he's ready to be done. He is painting the majority of our house which includes the living room, upstairs hallway and the foyer and anything else connected to the living room. We've decided we have too much open space.

We're hoping that he finishes the job on Monday. He took two weeks off (mainly because work is slow this time of year) to do the job and then it got to the point where he wanted to get it done and enjoy the next week off. I hated to watch him trim because we have beyond vaulted ceilings and he has a fear of heights, but he did it. I'm thinking I wouldn't have and I don't have a fear of heights. I love the new color in the house and it is dark enough that handprints won't show up!!!!

we've been lucky that we've had our heat this time around in the snow storm. In 2003we had to go live with his parents for 4 days along with every other refuge that came to live with them that week. So we feel blessed that we're OK.

No comments: