Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Baby next week

Well Dr. Looff thought that I would be ready to go tomorrow to have the baby but he said that if we went tomorrow he might as well sign the c-section paper and have the baby in the NICU for a few days so he decided that I'll come back on Friday to check my blood pressure again. Then on Tuesday I would have another Dr's apt and go to the hospital that night and they would start inducing on Wed morning. With all this said it means that I will miss Karissa's 5th grade graduation. I have cried all day and we aren't going to tell her until after Tuesday because in my heart I would love for a miracle where he tells us we can wait until Thursday night.

I've heard that her graduation is a big deal- I was praying that it wouldn't be. I would do anything for my kids and missing this is killing me. She is our first born and I don't want to miss this milestone. I try to do it all and this time I have no control. Jason was trying to make me feel better by saying it's no big deal, but what I found out was that he didn't have a 5th grade graduation in Jamaica so he had no idea what to expect. I'm hoping he'll be able to go and I know Mary will be there (Dennis will be in Jamaica at that time). Mary is going to videotape it, but it won't be the same.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Tracey,

I'm sorry that you will miss the graduation. Maybe the date will change...there's still hope!

Since the baby will likely come next week, we should be back in Lexington and I will be back at work. Can I stop by and visit you?

Kelly

Lisa & David said...

Hang in there Tracey! I pray that it will all work out just fine with Karissa's graduation. Soon you'll have your brand new baby girl in your arms!